125g butter, unsalted and softened
125g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
125g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy with an electric whisk
- Gradually mix in the egg and vanilla extract
- Gently mix in the flour adding the milk
- Spoon cupcake mix into each paper case.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Test with a tester and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Take out the cupcake tin, and place on a wire rack to cool.
For the topping, in a bowl whisk together a tub of double cream and 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, till thick.
Using a piping bag and using a nozzle of choice, add the thickened cream and decorate the cupcakes.